Sunday, May 18, 2014

Front hall tree and finishing projects

This weekend was for getting a few projects done.  I wish that I could say I finished all of them but of course that is wishful thinking. I did manage to get a little decorating done on my hall tree.  This was my grandmother's.  My mom told me that my grandfather got it for doing some work at someones house.  This would have been the late 1920's or early 1930's when my mom was young.  It has an angel on the back of it. I am not sure what it is there but I like it.  I will never paint it or replace the mirror (which really needs to be) as I like the worn look to it.

















 

Sunday started off with a trip to the garden center at 8:00.  I thought that if I got there when they opened it wouldn't be too busy.  I was wrong.  I got there five minutes early and there were already twenty people there shopping.  I love this garden center but there isles are only wide enough for a cart and a half to fit. I always have to park my cart somewhere and go grab what I want and take it back.

When I left at 8:30 the parking lot was full.  Home Depot is across the street so I went there to get what I couldn't find at the garden center.  The back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee was overflowing.  I never know how much to get so I think it is better to over buy.  You can always get another pot.  I actually got enough to fill all my pots.  Well not all, I have more in the garage

First I needed to fix some of my pots that are looking pretty sad.  I have had these for about 10 years now.  Maybe one day I will buy new ones.

Now for the after shot of the white pots.


Now for the green pot.



I didn't feel like completely changing the colors just a little sprucing up.  I got the flower baskets on the railings and the pot in the plow down below in the flower garden.  I completely forgot to get flowers for the birdbath.  It has cracks in it so it won't hold water anymore.  That will be the next time I venture out.  Here is the lonely little pot on our deck.  We are planning on putting roof over it so I only wanted to do one for now.  I usually do three and group them together.

Now for the front of the house.






Boy that birdbath is looking pretty bare.  I better get this done fast.  Maybe I will go back tomorrow.

I have an update on the bird nest on our front porch.  As I showed before mama bird laid five eggs.  It looks like only three survived.  I went to take a picture and the noise from the camera made them look up with their mouths open ready to be fed.  Here they are.  They are house finches and so cute.


I also got the baskets to hold gloves and stuff for the cabinet that I painted for my front closet.  Another project completed.


I haven't got my craft room done yet but I did manage to get it cleaned out and ready for some furniture to be painted and a little more organization done. This what it looked like when I cleaned out the walk in closet.  Of course not all of this was in the closet just most of it.


Now for the clean version. I also need to finish decorating the guest room area.  You can see part of the bed in the picture.  I only wanted a twin bed in here since it is primarily my craft room.
Well, that's all I could do for this weekend.  I am beat.  I think I need to soak these old bones in a nice hot bath.  I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Linking with
diy show off-the diy party
thoughts from alice-sundays at home
finding silver pennies-silver pennies sundays
three mango seeds-it's party time
create with joy-inspire me monday
boogieboard cottage-masterpiece monday
dwellings-the heart of your home-amaze me monday
between naps on the porch-metamorphosis monday
coastal charm-nifty thrifty tuesday
confessions of a plate addict-the scoop
a stroll thru life-inspre me tuesday
my common slice of suburbia-inspire me monday
our home away from home-tuesday at our home
creative country mom-home sweet garden
elizabeth and co-be inspired tuesday
green willow pond-what we accomplished wednesday
savvy southern style-wow us wednesday
diy by design-swing into spring
the style sisters-centerpiece wednesday
ivy and elephants-what's it wednesday
easy life meal and part yplanning-four season blog hop
have a daily cup of mrs olson-share your cup thursday
the happy housie-work it wednesday
from my front porch to yours-treasure hunt thursday
the brambleberry cottage-time travel thursday
posed perfection-creative ways thursday
katherines corner-favorite things
duck n a row-wonderful wednesday blog hop
imparting grace-grace at home
a delightsome life-home and garden thursday
the charm of home-home sweet home
craftberry bush-the inspiration gallery

9 comments :

  1. You have certainly earned that long soak! What a lot of work you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your flower pots! So much color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your flowers! Thanx for partying at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After your long soak you will have a wonderful time toasting the sunset in your beautiful yard. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness you have been busy! Everything looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Your participation helps to make it extra special ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing it at this week's Home Sweet Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'd say you've been pretty darn busy. Really got a lot accomplished. The pots look great! I filled my Tahoe and I still need a few more plants. Heading to the nursery tomorrow. Love the hall tree. It's extra special when it tells a story! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your energy! You got lots done around the house...want to come help me with mine ;-) I love your flower pots...you did such a great job filling them with beautiful flowers. What a joy to see as you walk up the front steps! Thanks for linking up to my Creative Ways Link Party! I hope you'll visit again this week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hall tree is amazing - wonderfully filled pots! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete