Friday, May 9, 2014

Tuscan dining


Now that the Spring decor is put away it is time to get the house back in shape until Fall.  I got the dining room done first.  My dining room is Tuscan style.  We put up a wall between the formal living and dining room.  The formal living room is now my husband's office.  I didn't have to do too much to this area.  I painted the walls, added the mural and we installed a new light fixture.  All I have left to do is get the curtain panels made and revamp the console table.



Here is what the dining room looked like when we moved in.  I didn't get any pictures taken before we put up the wall.


Now here is how the dining room looks now.

Here is the wall that we had put between the two rooms.  I wanted the furniture on it but when it was delivered my husband thought that we needed a mural on the wall instead.  So I let him have his way this time.  At least I got the pick the picture.  He wanted more of a wooded scene but I thought this would work better with my decor.


Now for some close ups.  First up is the buffet.





Now for the hutch.




Now let's see the dining room table.







  Last up is the console table.  I am going to be putting a shelf down below and will paint it two tone.  Here is the before picture.  Please excuse the way that it looks right now as it is not decorated the way I want it to be.

It doesn't really match the other furniture but the color is close enough.  I am going to leave the top and the drawers as they are and add a shelf to the bottom and paint the rest of it black.  I probably won't be getting this done anytime as I need to work on other projects first.  Hopefully I will get this done by Fall.

Linking with
thoughts from alice-sundays at home
finding silver pennies-silver pennies sundays
three mango seeds-it's party time
diy show off-the diy party
boogieboard cottage-masterpiece monday
dwellings-the heart of your home-amaze me monday
create with joy-inspire me monday
my uncommon slice of suburbia-inspire me monday
coastal charm-nifty thrifty tuesday
a stroll thru life-inspire me tuesday
worthing court-the scoop
our home away from home-tuesday at our home
the dedicated house-make it pretty monday
creative country mom-home sweet garden
elizabeth and co-be inspired tuesday
diy by design-swing into spring
savvy southern style-wow us wednesday
green willow pond-what we accomplished wednesday
ivy and elephants-what's it wednesday
the style sisters-centerpiece wednesday
ducks n a row-wonderful wednesday blog hop
the happy housie-work it wednesday
katherines corner-favorite things 
posed perfection-creative ways
from my front porch to yours-treasure hunt thursday
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/
a delightsome life-home and garden thursday
http://easylifemealandpartyplanning.blogspot.com
imparting grace-grace at home
rooted in thyme-simple and sweet fridays
have a daily cup of mrs olson-share your cup thursday
between naps on the porch-tablescape thursday
the charm of home-home sweet home
french country cottage-feathered nest
craftberry bush-the inspiration gallery
the brambleberry cottage-time travel thursday
shabby nest-frugal friday
bacon time with the hungry hypo-anything goes friday
chic on a shoestring decorating-flaunt it friday
my romantic home-show and tell friday
be different act normal-show and tell saturday
pieced pastimes-saturday sparks
life on lakeshore drive-bouquet of talent
http://simpledetailsblog.blogspot.com
http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com
http://www.justusfourblog.com
http://craftdictator.com
http://www.thepinjunkie.com/






21 comments :

  1. Everything is beautiful i the Tusan style! I love your china cabinet with the glass, like one Italian I have and love! I'd love it if you post big pics to start with, as they would look amazing! Your dining room and dinner tablescape is gorgeous! Great post!
    Wish you and yours a lovely Mother's Day!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that you could make them larger. You are right they look much better larger. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. I love your mural, and your table looks wonderful with it!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dining room. Your furniture is very beautiful with all the great pieces. Your new mural is just perfect with this setting. I love your tablescape for fall!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I went on a trip to Italy after seeing your Tuscan décor! So pretty - those are all my favourite colours for decorating! Great displays on your tables and hutch! Fabulous centerpiece on the dining table! In an era where everyone is tearing down walls, it is so refreshing to see someone putting one up! I'm not a fan of open concept/great rooms and prefer the cozy feel of smaller rooms. Enjoyed my visit here from The Scoop.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dining room. Love all of the rich, warm colors. Tuscan style is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dining room is lovely Jody. I too love the Tuscan feel. I spied a few pieces in your home that have too. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Your dining room is gorgeous. Everything seems like it fits just perfect with the other. (Btw I live in Italy and everyone here would be JEALOUS to have such a gorgeous dining space!)
    Found you via Creative Ways party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! I cannot tell you how impressed I am with your decorating...thanks so much for sharing on the Thursday Blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! the mural is spectacular....my very favorite part..but I also love your buffet and hutch:) found at imparting grace linky. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Everything is so dramatic, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is what I love!! I love adding fabrics & lace. We just add wine!
    Barbara Ann
    Www.etsy.com / shop / barbaraannscreations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! All of your colors work so well together...stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, just gorgeous! Now this is what Tuscan should look like.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, love the Tuscan style! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy, what a transformation from when you first moved in. You have created such a warm and welcome room! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wall is amazing - it creates a marvelous atmosphere! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing mural! Looks like you're eating outside. And it does pull together nicely with your decor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've created such a warm, cozy dining room and have quite the talent for styling, so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Best oft the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. thanks for sharing.
    Dining Chairs And Table
    Furniture Stores In Denver Colorado

    ReplyDelete