Sunday, June 1, 2014

Kitchen chair makeover

I have been very busy this weekend.  We are taking a little mini vacation and closed the store for 4 days.  I will have to go back to work on Wednesday so I have been trying to get a lot of projects done.  I did get the kitchen chair seats redone yesterday.  Here is what the they looked like when we bought them.

I recovered them about four years ago with a red fabric.  This is what they looked like before the makeover.


Now for the new fabric. This is what I choose.




  I have five chairs total.  Four at the the table and one at the desk area.  I didn't buy enough fabric so I decided to keep one of the chairs red for now and use it at the desk.  Here is the finished project.

I think that they go much better against the red wall as the old fabric was just a bit lighter red than the walls.

On the table is a sneak peek at how I am going to dress the table.  I don't have everything I need but here is what I have so far.


Here are some of the before  projects I have been working the past few days.  Check back for the afters.


I also repainted the patio furniture that is below the deck.  I can't seem to find my before pictures.  I think they might be on my computer at work.  I sure hope so because I got it all painted and wanted all of you to see how it looked.
I got two more days to go.  I want to get the area below deck all fixed up since I also bought new cushions for the furniture. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow.  

Linking with
Finding Silver Pennies, Three Mango Seeds, Thoughts from Alice, DIY Show Off,
The Dedicated House, Dwellings-The Heart of your Home, Boogieboard Cottage,
Between Naps on the Porch, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, Our Home Away From Home, Confessions of a Plate Addict, Cozy Little House, Elizabeth and Co,
 Savvy Southern Style
Green Willow Pond
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Style Sisters,  DIY By Design, 
A Delightsome Life
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Posed Perfection
Katherines Corner
French Country Cottage
Redoux Interiors
Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Jennifer Rizzo
Life on Lakeshore Drive












4 comments :

  1. Love the new fabric on your chairs, Jody! Looking forward to your other makeovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs have very unique legs...really cool! The new fabric is awesome, great choice, looks fantastic. Isn't it wonderful to have a few days together to work on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I am going to feature you at Sundays at Home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it feel great to get so much accomplished? Loving the new fabric on the chairs. Really gives the room a new look! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete