Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mini reveal

The covered deck is finally done.  All that I have left to do is paint the railings and put  the furniture back. Then I can get to decorating.  If all goes well we will get to use it on Sunday for the first time this summer.
Here is the before picture.
I wanted to change the color of the floor as it had many stains from the previous owner.   Here is what it used to look like.

Now the after.  Much better than the gray color.
 
I bought a product at Home Depot called Deck Over.  The color I choose is called tugboat.   It seemed simple enough.  All you do is paint two coats on and your done.  I started this on Sunday and finally got it finished yesterday.  It would have taken less time if it didn't keep raining.  Once you get the two coats on you have to wait 48 hours for it to cure.  I think that I will wait until Saturday to get the furniture on here since I still have to touch up all the railings.  I am going to try and get most of it done each night after work (if it doesn't rain).

2 comments :

  1. Hi, I am so glad I found this post (not sure how I ended up here), but we have been wanting to do the deckover on our deck, but wanted to see some pics first. Yours looks great. Following along to see what else you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would have liked to have the ceiling vaulted but it is still pretty high. I would say about 10 feet. Just started following you. Can't wait to see your outdoor fireplace. I wish I could have one. We just don't have a place to put one.

      Delete