Monday, October 20, 2014

A day at the antique mall

Sunday afternoon I decided to go to one of the antique malls.  I went to the one closest to my home called the Colorado Antique Gallery.  It felt good to get out of the house for awhile.  For the past month I have been spending my Sundays working on the bathroom so now that it is almost done I thought I would treat myself.  I found a few goodies that I couldn't resist taking home.

There are a few of booths that I always enjoy looking at every time I go there.  Some of my pictures didn't turn out to well since I was using my phone. This booth is all decked out for Halloween.  It gave me some great ideas.


I love the two booths that are all plaid.  I guess you could say plaid is my favorite color.  You can tell that the same person owns both since they have a lot of the same items.


I love this wine cork idea. I think I will have to make one for myself. I have tons of them. 

Here are the items that I bought. 


 I love the colors in the blankets.  I probably won't use them this year for my Fall decorating but they will be used next year along with the hat.


I love plaid and these will be used on my front porch for Christmas.  I saw some wool blankets that will work nicely there too.  The will get them the next time I go.


I spotted this basket within the first couple of booths that I looked at.  I was drawn to it immediately.  It looked very familiar.  That is because I have one just like it but it is smaller.  The one I have has been in my family as long as I can remember.  When I moved out of my parents house my mother let me have it.


 As you can see mine is just a little bit shorter.  My mother used it for rags and I so do I.  It fits nicely in the closet in my laundry room.  The new one will work nicely for blankets.  You never know what you will find at antique stores.


No comments :

Post a Comment