Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's official

Today we went under contract on another house.  This one is more then I wanted to pay but it has a great yard that is .72 acres.  The down side is the rooms in the house are smaller then ours.  It is a much bigger house but it has more bedrooms and it has what I call a useless formal living room that is vaulted.  I guess that we will have to use it for a game room since the basement is small.  At least the basement has surround sound built in so we can watch movies down there. Plus it has a small bar area.  We will have to use the bedroom down there for the hubby's gym since all that is down there is a bedroom, bathroom and family room.  I have included some pictures from the listing however they don't show the front and it only has one picture of the yard.


Did I mention that it had a firepit and pond with waterfall on the lower deck?  It has a balcony off the master bedroom and downstairs office plus a large covered deck on the back and a wrap around front porch that is covered.  I might have to buy more outdoor furniture to fill all these areas.


The kitchen is smaller than mine and it doesn't have a pantry only the cabinet pantry but at least it has newer cabinets and nice granite counter tops.  I just wish the double ovens were big like mine.  These are only 24 inch where mine are 30 inch.



Above are pictures of the bar and family room in the basement.  I think that I am going to add some shelves over the sink area.


I love the updated stairs with the wrought iron and they are wood.  I won't be doing much renovation with this house just mostly painting and decorating.  We might fix the vanities in all the other bathrooms as they are unusually low.  I am pretty short and they hit me maybe about 6 inches above my knee.

We are suppose to close at the end of September so I might not get my Fall decorating done on time this year.  Today we also put our house on the market and I hope that it sells soon since we are going to stuck with a big mortgage on this house if we can't close on ours at the same time.

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your new home. It is beautiful and I can't wait to see how you decorate and make it your own. Enjoy the journey.
    Angela
    Thru Nanas Window

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am a little nervous about making this big purchase. I just hope we can get our house sold soon.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jody! Can't wait to see what you do with the new place. We're still in Aurora stuck in an apt as all the builders are behind. Everything's delayed. So glad you finally found a new home. Looks lovely. Love your gardening in your current home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you. We had a home built once when we lived in Colorado Springs. That was the longest 6 months of my life. I know how hard it is to live somewhere temporary and out of boxes. I hope they will get it done soon.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finding this gorgeous home! Hope it all comes together and you sell your house quickly! Love that firepit area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I hope our home sells quickly too. I really don't want to have a huge mortgage on the new home. I mainly picked this home for all the covered porches and the landscaping. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete