Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Getting ready to deck the halls

Finally this weekend I will be getting to do some holiday decorating.  I didn't get any Fall decorating done as I was trying to get my house in order for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I am proud to say that I managed to get the main level and some of the upstairs done.  I wish I could say that for the basement but it is still full of boxes.

I am not sure how I will be decorating for Christmas this year or if I will get a new tree.  I planned on a woodland theme for the basement but since it isn't ready that will have to wait until next year.  I don't have room for a tree in the family room but since the formal living room is vaulted I might have to get a new tree to use in there.

I have been looking back at last years decorating and trying to get some inspiration from Pinterest.  Lets see what I did last year.  My favorite is from my front porch last year.  This year I have a much bigger porch to decorate at the new house.


Next is my hall tree.


My woodland mantel.  I wanted to do something like this for the basement fireplace.



My fun living room last year.


My hot chocolate bar.


A few of my kitchen tablescapes.  Not sure what I will do this year.




We are going to have snow and around the low 20's for Thanksgiving and Friday.  It will perk up a little bit for the weekend with the highs in the mid 30's.  Not sure when I will be tackling the outside.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Linking with
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, A Delightsome Life, Northern Nesting, Posed Perfection, Katherines Corner, The Charm of Home, Creative Country Mom, My Romantic Home, Pieced Pastimes, Scrapality, Cozy Little House

26 comments :

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. You sure have gotten a lot done in a very short time. And it is gonna be yukky weather for we Coloradans, isn't it? Happy T'day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so beautiful and I love your decorating style for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope that I can do as well this year. I still have to find what box I packed my greenery in. I have a bad feeling it is in the back of the bedroom upstairs that I threw a bunch of boxes in for now. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. I am sure whatever you do it will be beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving! xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria Elena. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. The past pictures of your home are so colorful, festive and cozy. I'm sure you wil do an excellent job this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will starting this weekend. I just hope that I can find everything. I might have to dig behind twenty boxes to find some of the Christmas stuff.

      Delete
  6. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be gorgeous! I loved your porch last year as well. Planned on doing mine today, but woke up to snow and decided it was too cold. Will tackle it next week. I am going with more of an Old fashioned Christmas theme outside this year with blow mold Santas. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours. It snowed on Thanksgiving and has been in the 20's yesterday and today. It is supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow. I might be able to get on the porch if not I will get some of the inside done tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. it looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Katherine. As always thanks for the party!

      Delete
  8. Where did you find the little wheel barrels in pic #6?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fabulous Jody! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful post with Flea Market Friday! I will be featuring it in a little bit when this weeks party starts! xxx....Brooke See it at http://www.creativecountrymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Brooke. See you at the party and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  11. Jody, it's my first time to visit and your home is so cozy and pretty! I LOVE how you decorated your porch! I'm sure I'll be back to visit.
    Christmas Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the plaid blankets. Your mantle is really nice! Pretty home tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All of these pictures are from our previous home. We just moved into a new home this October. Please be sure to check back for my Christmas home tour in my new home. I am hoping to have it ready by this weekend.

      Delete
  13. Hi Jodi, I love all the plaid and your front porch grouping. and oh my that antique Hall Tree is amazing! thanks so much for joining in on the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. The antique hall tree was my grandmothers. It get's used everyday.

      Delete