Thursday, November 10, 2016

O Christmas Tree

Have you ever seen something online, order it and when it arrives say "what was I thinking"?  This is just what happened to me.  I wanted a taller and wider Christmas so I searched online and found one that I thought would be perfect for the formal living room.  For some reason 9 ft tall and 72 inches wide didn't seem that big to me.
When it arrived the box didn't look all that big (about 6 ft by 2 ft).  So I tried to pick it up the handles and boy was it heavy.  I couldn't lift it at all.  I had to basically roll it into the house.  I opened the box and found that it was in 4 parts.  Let's just say that they were all heavy except for the top piece.  I had to stand on the 4 foot ladder to put the top piece on.


I know that it doesn't look quite right, that is because I haven't fluffed out all of the branches.  I can hardly wait. Not, I am thinking that this will take me a few hours.  I will have to make sure that I wear long sleeves since the tree broke out my skin just setting it up.


I like that it is pre-lit with clear lights.  I hate stringing lights.  Maybe in my spare time this weekend (ha, ha) I can get those branches fluffed.  I am already envisioning it decorated with green, red and white decorations. 

8 comments :

  1. The new tree looks really good. Keep fluffing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. I am sure that once I fluff the branches out it will look fuller.

      Delete
  2. Jody,
    Gorgeous!
    Well, maybe not the top at this moment!
    I'm wanting a new Christmas Tree that has a lot of white in it!
    I've not been pleased with any that I've seen so far!
    I haven't looked on~line as I prefer to buy local as much as possible!
    I'll be back to see your tree fully decorated!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. I got it from Kohl's. I had to order it online since they don't carry many trees in the store. It seems like all the stores here only have a few trees on display and have more on there website so you end up having to order them.

      Delete
  3. here at our house the tree will go up a week from today. I appreciate the beauty of Christmas but we need to get through our Thanksgiving first. But so glad that you have your blog looking a bit like Christmas
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie. Since I host Thanksgiving at our house every year I start my Christmas decorating the weekend after. The only reason I have the tree up now is that I ordered it and I don't want to take it down to the basement and back up. I probably won't get it decorated before Thanksgiving but I will at least get the branched all fluffed up and ready to go. Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  4. That is one big tree and I am sure you will make it look amazing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I still haven't fluffed those boughs yet.

      Delete