Sunday, February 12, 2017

Blah to Ooh La La Laundry Room

It has only taken me over a year but I finally got my laundry room updated.  First to go was the gray walls.  I am not fond of gray unless I am using it as decor pieces.




Here are some of the before pictures.  Please excuse the mess around the sink. 






 We needed to lower the cabinets by the washer and dryer as it was hard for me to reach.  As you can see they had been moved up and you can see the old color prior to the gray.



The walls went to a nice light brown color and the trim went off white.  A new sink and faucet were installed as well as a new counter top.  The cabinets were refinished and hardware was added.  This room is very small so it wasn't easy getting photos. 




New light.  Looks much better than the old fluorescent one.


 Close up of the new hardware for the cabinets.  The cabinets didn't have any before.







 I still need to find something to put above the sink area.  I am thinking that a nice shelf would do.



The beadboard back splash is actually wallpaper that is textured.  Here is how it looked before painting.


I thought is would be easier than trying to cut real beadboard.  The trim is wood and I painted, aged and polyurethane it.


I am very please with how this room turned out.  Now I enjoy doing laundry.

Linking with
Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Julie's Creative Lifestyle, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Stroll Thru Life, Celebrate and Decorate, StoneGable, Our Home Away From Home, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Beyond the Picket Fence, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, 21 Rosemary Lane, The Charm of Home, Imparting Grace, DIY Vintage Chic, Life with Lorelai, Shoestring Elegance, Scrapality, Pieced Pastimes, Grandmas House DIY, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Rustic & Refined, Finding Silver Pennies, My Soulful Home

30 comments :

  1. What a wonderful transformation. Love the hanging rack---such a great idea when working in a small space. The finish you gave the cabinets looks great...a simple solution to cover the crazy graining. The wainscoting is an excellent solution around the sink. Great transformation, thanks for the peek, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi. I am so glad that it is finally done. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. It looks great! So much brighter. Love the rabbits above the cabinets. They are so cute! It's always nice to have a touch of whimsy especially in a laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job. Love the new color on the walls and cabinets. Your laundry room looks wonderful! Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. It is one of my favorite rooms now.

      Delete
  4. Great transformation and ideas! We are going to tackle our combo bathroom/laundry room this year and I liked seeing what you've done. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I still need to find a cute shelf for above the sink.

      Delete
  5. You should see the hovel I have to use for laundry. It isn't outside or in a basement, so I shouldn't complain, but your transformation has me wanting something nicer! Great job, I am sure it is more of a pleasure to work in now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I too am grateful that my laundry room is on the first floor of the house. I remember one house that we lived in when I was young that it was in the basement. It was also a two story house and my mother had to carry all the clothes up two flights.

      Delete
  6. A laundry room would be ideal. Our washer and dryer is in the back hallway and I don't have shelves about them. Guess what I'm adding to the Mr's honeydew list? Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your laundry room redo came out beautiful. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to get things changed to what is your own style. It turned out so nice! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your laundry room, with the new soft, white paint on the cabinetry and the new sink is lovely. Great job!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so great!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lighter and brighter. The lighter cabinet color makes the room look more bright and airy. We have to spend time in the laundry room, so it might as well look and feel attractive! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your laundry room - it looks beautiful! We would love to have you at our To Grandma's house we go link party that opened this Wednesday morning and lasts all week! Its at grandmashousediy.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turned out beautifully! I don't think I'd mind doing laundry either if mine looked like this!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what an update! looks great! Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It! :)

    ReplyDelete