Saturday, April 29, 2017

April showers bring May flowers

Who ever made up that saying didn't live in Colorado.  So far we have over 14 inches in our yard and counting.  I guess I won't be doing any yard work this weekend.  This is how it looks by our pond.


This is our tree on the North side of the house.  Last year when we got a snow like this a lot of branches broke.  It's not looking too good right now.


This is our flagstone pathway leading down to the pond.  I can't even see where it is.


The pine trees do look pretty with snow on them but they are weighted down a bit.


It is suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow and Monday so hopefully a lot of this will melt.  This time we decided not to snowblow our 5000 sq ft driveway since the weather is going to be warmer starting tomorrow.

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful!!! I am so jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody, You got a lot more snow that we got-we maybe had 5". One can never count out the snow until the end of May; I for one am really wanting the spring weather to return. I'm afraid I've lost my Peonies and other plants just beginning to show themselves. This afternoon is so windy.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I lost anything yet. Even with the warm weather Sunday all of my flowers are still covered with snow. I hope the damage is minimal.

      Delete