Sunday, July 16, 2017

Accent table makeover

I was wanting to refinish this table for a long time now.  I have outgrown the roses and wanted a more cohesive look.  Since I have a lot of furniture that is two toned I thought it would be perfect for this table.  So here is how it turned out.


I am thinking about getting different knobs.  The ones for the doors had a pull hanging down but I broke both of them when I went to put them back on.




Now as usual lately I have been forgetting to take a before picture.  I was so excited to get it started I just plum forgot.  Luckily I have older pictures from our previous house of the table.




Here is how the area looks by my front door.  I wasn't sure if this table would tie in with my old hall tree.  It seems to blend more with the darker wood color. I had to take this picture from the stairs that are across from this area.   I just wish the ugly light switches weren't in the way.


Here is another shot from a different angle.  This time I am standing in front of the door but off to the side since there is a big column in the way next to the stairs.  Boy I have never had so many things in the way of getting good pictures as I do in this house.  You can see part of the column in the bottom left hand corner.  If I had stood back any further the hall tree would have been blocked by it.


Now that this little area is done I am off on the next project.  I have so many going at once right now I don't know which one will get finished first.

Linking with
Dwellings The Heart of Your Home
Coastal Charm
Between Naps on the Porch
Our Home Away From Home
A Stroll Thru Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Worthington Court
Celebrate and Decorate
Savvy Southern Style
Beyond the Picket Fence
DIY by Design
Oh My Heartsie Girl
21 Rosemary Lane
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Imparting Grace
Katherine's Corner
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Life with Lorelai
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
Shoestring Elegance
Pieced Pastimes
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Scrapality
Rustic & Refined
My Soulful Home

10 comments :

  1. That is a great accent piece! It goes very nicely in that front foyer! Glad to have found your site through the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually loved the table as it was, but in the new location the redo works so well with the your hall pieces. Thanks for sharing, thumbs up! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The old look just didn't go with the rest of my furniture and it was pretty beat up.

      Delete
  3. It's a darling little table and you did a great job! I feel your pain about the switches-- My lovely thermostat control is right in the middle of an arrangement along my living room wall! You could push the table to the left a smidge and put your beautiful flowers on that left side to add height and somewhat camouflage them but still have them accessible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought about putting something taller on the to cover the switches but I figured the hubby would complain that it was in his way.

      Delete
  4. Well, I would've loved that "before" table about 20 years ago! Your makeover is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new look is very modern and updated. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody, That little table project worked out well. I love the two tone. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both the before and after! Sometimes we just need a change. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete